MEDFORD, Mass. - The Bowdoin College women's volleyball team split a pair of non-region games on day two of the New England Invitational at Tufts on Saturday.
The Polar Bears cruised to a 3-0 win over Marymount (Va.) before dropping to Minnesota-Morris in a five-setter, 3-2. Bowdoin stands at 3-1 so far this season.
- Bowdoin was in control from the get-go, taking the win by set scores of 25-15, 25-11, 25-21.
- The Polar Bears used a balanced attack, led by eight kills from Ashley Williams.
- Bowdoin got 21 digs from Lisa Sheldon and four blocks from Sydney Salle to pace the defense.
- Kate Kiser dished out 32 assists in the victory.
- The Cougars rallied late to stun the Polar Bears in a comeback victory by scores of 23-25, 25-22, 25-18, 25-23, 20-18.
- Kate Kiser finished two assists shy of the single-match school record with 61 assists in the marathon match.
- Williams led Bowdoin with 19 kills while Salle had 15 and Michelle Albright 12.
- Sheldon earned 31 digs while Megan Birnbaum had six aces in the setback.
- The Polar Bears will open NESCAC play on Friday as they host Colby at 7:00 p.m. in Morrell Gymnasium.