BRUNSWICK, Maine - Powered by a sweep of the jumping events, the Williams College women's outdoor track & field team defended its NESCAC Championship in convincing fashion on Saturday afternoon at Magee-Samuelson Track on the campus of Bowdoin College.
The Ephs finished with 239.83 points, easily out-distancing second-place Bates (107) and third-place Middlebury (96.66). Colby (69) took fourth place in a tightly-contest finish with fifth-place Bowdoin (68) and sixth-place Tufts (65). Trinity (44), Conn. College (37), Amherst (31), Wesleyan (30.5) and Hamilton (29) rounded out the field.
- Williams swept the jumping events, getting a pair of wins from Candice Dyce in the long jump (5.48m - a new facility record) and triple jump (11.82m). The Ephs then took wins in the high jump from Helene Hall (1.73m) and pole vault from Katie Loftus (3.55m)
- Other Williams winners included Kayley McGonagle in the 400m hurdles (1:03.05), Kennedy Green in the 100m (12.23), Megan Powell in the 400m (56.64), Anna Harleen in the 1500m (4:31.09), Emma Zehner in the 5000m (17:25.70) and Catie Skinner in the 3000m steeplechase (11:09.11).
- Williams took wins in both the 4x400 (3:54.20) and 4x800 relay races (9:21.85) to close out the day.
- Second-place Bates had a trio of individual winners, led by Allison Hill, who claimed both the 100m hurdles (14.38) and the 200m race (24.82). Ayden Eickhoff won the 800m (2:12.68) while the Bobcats picked up a relay win in the 4x100 (48.30).
- The throwing events saw four different schools claim victories as Michaela Garrett of Colby won the hammer throw (53.21m), Koko Mensah of Conn. College took the shot put (13.05m), Devon Player of Middlebury won the javelin (41.92m) and Pamela Zabala of Bowdoin claim the discus throw (40.60m).
- Tufts' Brittany Bowman won the lengthiest event of the day, taking the 10,000m in 35:37.17
Final Results/Winners - Results
1. Williams (239.83), 2. Bates (107), 3. Middlebury (96.66), 4. Colby (69), 5. Bowdoin (68), 6. Tufts (65), 7. Trinity (44), 8. Conn. College (37), 9. Amherst (31), 10. Wesleyan (30.5), 11. Hamilton (29)
100M hurdles - Allison Hill (Bates) - 14.38
400M hurdles - Kayley McGonagle (Williams) - 1:03.05
100M - Kennedy Green (Williams) - 12.23
200M - Allison Hill (Bates) - 24.82
400M - Megan Powell (Williams) - 56.64
800M - Ayden Eickhoff (Bates) - 2:12.68
1500M - Anna Harleen (Williams) - 4:31.09
5000M - Emma Zehner (Williams) - 17:25.70
10,000M - Brittany Bowman (Tufts) - 35:37.17
3000M Steeplechase - Catie Skinner (Williams) - 11:09.11
4x100M relay - Bates (48.30)
4x400M relay - Williams (3:54.20)
4x800M relay - Williams (9:21.85)
Hammer Throw - Michaela Garrett (Colby) - 53.21m
Shot Put - Koko Mensah (Conn. College) - 13.05m
Javelin Throw - Devon Player (Middlebury) - 41.92m
Discus Throw - Pamela Zabala (Bowdoin) - 40.60m
Long Jump - Candice Dyce (Williams) - 5.48m
Triple Jump - Candice Dyce (Williams) - 11.82m
High Jump - Helene Hall (Williams) - 1.73m
Pole Vault - Katie Loftus (Williams) - 3.55m