BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's tennis team earned a 6-3 win in its first dual match of the season over visiting Skidmore College on Sunday morning.
The Polar Bears (1-0) and Thoroughbreds (3-1) were forced to move the match indoors to Maine Pines due to weather.
- Bowdoin fell behind 2-1 following doubles play with the lone point coming from the #3 pairing of Sasa Jovanovic and Viv Daniel.
- The Polar Bears responded by picking up five singles victories. Tess Trinka made quick work of her Skidmore opponent at #1 by going 6-1, 6-1.
- Izzy Essi (6-2, 6-0) and Jovanovic (6-1, 6-2) were not far behind in the five and six spots respectively.
- Maddie Rolph returned to match play at #4 and won 6-4 in both sets.
- Tasha Christ battled for a straight set victory at #2, going 7-5, 6-2.
- The Polar Bears hosted the Bowdoin Invitational on Friday and Saturday, compiling a team record of 24-4 over the two-day event.
- Results from the Bowdoin Invitational can be found here.
- Bowdoin returns to action when it begins the spring season out in California on Sunday, March 11, against Vassar.