MEDFORD, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's tennis team split a weekend conference slate with a 6-3 win at Tufts before falling 9-0 at Williams.
The Polar Bears (11-4) swept doubles play at Tufts (12-4) on Friday night. Williams (10-4) dropped only a single set in Saturday's match.
- Bowdoin took a 3-0 lead following doubles play. Joulia Likhanskaia and Samantha Stalder won 8-6 at #1, and Sasa Jovanovic and Pilar Giffenig did the same at #3. Tess Trinka and Tasha Christ won 8-4 at #2.
- Trinka and Stalder both won in three sets. Trinka (6-0, 3-6, 6-3) earned a point at #2 and Stalder (1-6, 6-2, 6-4) did at #3.
- Christ won in straight sets for a point in the four spot, going 6-3, 7-5.
- The closest doubles match of the day for Bowdoin came from the #2 pairing of Trinka and Christ who lost 8-6.
- Trinka was the only Bowdoin player to steal a set from Williams, winning her first by a 6-2 margin.
- Bowdoin hosts Babson on April 28 at 3:00 p.m.