FALMOUTH, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's tennis team cruised to a 5-0 win over Endicott in a NCAA Second Round match Saturday morning at Falmouth Tennis Club.
The fifth-ranked Polar Bears improve to 15-3 and advance to Sunday's Regional Final against Middlebury in a rematch of a regular-season match claimed by Bowdoin 5-4 on April 13. Sunday's match will begin at noon outdoors at the Pickard Tennis Courts or indoors at the Maine Pines Tennis Club in Brunswick.
Bowdoin took three quick doubles wins with the first team point coming courtesy of an 8-0 win at #2 from Kellen Alberstone/Chantalle Lavertu over Emilie Cloutier/Gina Pinciaro. Tiffany Cheng/Emma Chow followed closely with a 8-1 win at #1 over Chrissy Martel/Natalie Egbert. Emma Lewis/Kate Winingham closed out the sweep with a 8-3 win at #3 against Amy Heacox/Brittany Potter.
Emma Chow wasted little time taking a 6-0, 6-0 win at #5 singles to push Bowdoin's lead to 4-0. Lavertu closed out the match with a 6-0, 6-0 victory at #2.
Bowdoin 5, Endicott 0
1. Kellen Alberstone (BOW) vs. Emilie Cloutier (EC) 6-0, 2-1, unfinished
2. Chantalle Lavertu (BOW) def. Chrissy Martel (EC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Tiffany Cheng (BOW) vs. Amy Heacox (EC) 6-0, 3-0, unfinished
4. Kate Winingham (BOW) vs. Natalie Egbert (EC) 6-0, 3-0, unfinished
5. Emma Chow (BOW) def. Gina Pinciaro (EC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Susanna Howard (BOW) vs. Suzie Newman (EC) 6-0, 2-1, unfinished
1. Tiffany Cheng/Emma Chow (BOW) def. Chrissy Martel/Natalie Egbert (EC) 8-1
2. Kellen Alberstone/Chantalle Lavertu (BOW) def. Emilie Cloutier/Gina Pinciaro (EC) 8-0
3. Emma Lewis/Kate Winingham (BOW) def. Amy Heacox/Brittany Potter (EC) 8-3