WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The Bowdoin College women's tennis team was eliminated from contention at the New England Small College Athletic Conference Championship Saturday in 5-1 loss to top-seeded Williams.
The Polar Bears fall to 11-8 and will look to receive an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament when selections are announced on Sunday.
Bowdoin's lone point came courtesy of doubles team Emily Lombardi and Kate Winingham, who earned a 9-7 win at #3 doubles. Leading 2-1 heading into singles, the Ephs quickly earned three points in straight-set victories to clinch the win.
Williams College 5, Bowdoin College 1
1. Kristin Alotta (WILW) def. Kellen Alberstone (BOWW) 6-3, 6-4
2. Kara Shoemaker (WILW) vs. Kate Winingham (BOWW) 7-5, 2-3, unfinished
3. Nancy Worley (WILW) vs. Chantelle Lavertu (BOWW) 7-6 (13-11), unfinished
4. Kathleen Elkins (WILW) def. Emily Lombardi (BOWW) 6-0, 6-2
5. Rebecca Curran (WILW) vs. Emma Lewis (BOWW) 7-6 (8-6), 2-1, unfinished
6. Caroline Capute (WILW) def. Susanna Howard (BOWW) 6-0, 6-2
1. Kara Shoemaker/Taylor French (WILW) def. Kellen Alberstone/Emma Lewis (BOWW) 8-1
2. Kristin Alotta/Kathleen Elkins (WILW) def. Emma Chow/Chantelle Lavertu (BOWW) 8-5
3. Emily Lombardi/Kate Winingham (BOWW) def. Nancy Worley/Caroline Capute (WILW) 9-7