CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Bowdoin College women's squash team ended their first semester with a flourish, earning a pair of wins against Wellesley 9-0 and Boston College 7-2 on Saturday at MIT.
The Polar Bears, ranked 24th nationally, enter break with a record of 4-2.
- Bowdoin opened the weekend with a sweep of the Blue. Bowdoin earned 3-0 wins at every position, including impressive wins by Lex Horwitz (11-1, 11-1, 11-1), Caroline Burkhart (11-0, 11-0, 11-2) and Rose Warren (11-0, 11-1, 11-0).
- Lindsey Bindra, Tully Ross, Zoe Wood, Natasha Belsky, Mariela Mendoza and Jeannie Davis accounted for the other Polar Bear victories.
- The Polar Bears continued to roll against the Eagles, taking wins at the top seven spots.
- Bindra (3-0), Ross (3-0), Horwitz (3-0), Wood (3-0), Mendoza (3-0) and Burkhart (3-0) all earned sweeps. Belsky earned the final point for Bowdoin with a 3-1 win.
- Bowdoin will return to action with a trio of home matches the weekend of Jan. 12-14, opening against St. Lawrence on Friday the 12th. Match time is TBD.