CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Bowdoin College women's squash team won two matches on Friday afternoon at MIT.
The Polar Bears (4-6), ranked 22nd in the latest College Squash Association rankings, edged 21st-ranked Dickinson 5-4 before dropping 28th-ranked Connecticut College 8-1.
- Alexa Horwitz, Tully Russ and Chloe Polikoff earned 3-0 wins at positions 3-5 for Bowdoin while Mariela Mendoza earned a shutout at number eight.
- Laura Howells helped clinch the win with a 3-1 (17-15, 11-7, 6-11, 13-11) triumph at number six.
- Bowdoin swept the first six spots against the Camels, winning 3-0 at each position.
- Sarah Nelson, Lindsey Bindra, Horwitz, Ross, Polikoff and Howells accounted for the top six victories.
- Mendoza took a 3-1 win while Natasha Belsky earned a 3-2 (11-13, 11-7, 11-6, 2-11, 11-8) win at number nine.
- Bowdoin will return to action on Tuesday evening at home against Colby. The match is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. and will be the first-ever webcast of a squash match at Bowdoin, broadcast live on the Northeast Sports Network.