WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team ended the 2017 season in a 4-0 NESCAC Quarterfinal loss to top-seeded Williams on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears end the year at 9-6-1, bowing to an Ephs team (14-1-1) that ranks third in the nation.
- Williams got on the board early as Victoria Laino scored her first of two opening half goals. Laino booted a long shot on net in the 14th minute.
- The first-year scored her second of the game in the 37th minute, volleying a loose ball into the net.
- Claire Dardinski found Kate Rusk-Kosa behind the defense for promising look, but a Williams defender raced back to break up the play.
- With minutes remaining in the half, Morgen Gallagher won the ball for a clear line to goal, but again a Williams defender stepped in.
- The Ephs found their third goal in the 57th minute. Natalie Turner-Wyatt played a ball through to Alison Lu who slotted a shot into the lower right corner.
- Turner-Wyatt deflected a ball into the net from just outside the box to tally the Ephs' fourth of the game.
By the Numbers
- The Ephs held a 22-6 shot advantage and 4-2 corner kick edge.
- Rachel Stout made six saves for the Polar Bears.
- Whitney Lincoln made one stop.