FARMINGTON, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team cruised to an 8-0 Sunday afternoon victory at the University of Maine-Farmington.
The Polar Bears climb to 5-2-1 with their third consecutive win. The Beavers drop to 3-5-0 on the year.
- Claudette Proctor put the Polar Bears on the board 4:57 into play off a feed by Morgen Gallagher, followed quickly by a solo effort from Emma Beane under two minutes later.
- Gallagher tallied an unassisted goal in the 12th minute and Emily Pawlak added another for Bowdoin two minutes later. Claire Dardinski was credited with an assist on Pawlak's goal.
- Talia Missan and Aine Lawlor scored within 42 seconds of echother in the 43rd minute to round out the first half with a 6-0 lead.
- Brigit Bergin and Missan recorded second half goals to reach the eight goal plateau.
- Kate Morrison, Ana Lozada-Smith, and Proctor all notched assists in the game.
By the Numbers
- Sabrina Albanese earned the shutout with a pair of saves for Bowdoin.
- Kiana Thompson made three saves in the first half and Mikayla Cameron played the second half.
- Bowdoin outshot the Beavers by a 17-3 margin and held an 11-0 edge in corner kicks.
- Bowdoin plays at Bates on October 4 with a 4:00 p.m. start.