BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team scored 17 unanswered goals in a dominant win over Plymouth State Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears improve to 5-1 (2-1 NESCAC) while Plymouth State falls to 1-2.
- Plymouth State got out to an early lead over Bowdoin going up 3-1 on the Polar Bears with 7:10 remaining in the first half.
- Bowdoin answered with three straight goals to close out the half, taking a 4-3 lead into the break.
- The Polar Bears dominated possession throughout the second half, registering 14 goals.
- Bowdoin only allowed one shot in the entire second half.
- Everyone who was healthy entered the game for the Polar Bears.
By The Numbers
- Katherine Miller led goal category with four on the day.
- Kara Finnerty added three goals of her own to also go along with two assists and five draws.
- Morgan Pinado controlled seven draws, while netting a goal as well.
- 10 different Polar Bears were able to find the back of the net.
- Bowdoin was able to keep possession by winning 18/23 draws in the game.
- The Polar Bears outshot Plymouth State by a total of 45 to 13.
- Veronyca Daniels, Megan Tingley and Sam Sullivan each tacked on one goal for Plymouth State.
- Clarissa Foote kept Plymouth State in the game during the first half with big saves, as Bowdoin ripped 21 shots and only scored four goals from those chances.
- Bowdoin will travel to Endicott on Wednesday for a 4:00 PM game against the Gulls.