PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team scored 13 goals in the first half of a dominant 18-8 win over NESCAC foe Hamilton on Thursday evening in Florida.
The Polar Bears improve to 4-1 (2-1 NESCAC) while the Continentals fall to 1-4 (1-2 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin jumped to an 8-1 lead and never looked back, taking a 13-3 lead at intermission and cruising to the victory.
- Katherine Miller scored three times with an assist in the game-opening run for the Polar Bears.
- Hamilton was within six goals, down 9-3, late in the opening half, but a 4-0 surge, keyed by a pair of Hannah Hirschfeld goals made it 13-3 at the break.
- Bowdoin led by more than eight goals for the entire second period.
By The Numbers
- Katherine Miller had four goals and two assists for Bowdoin.
- Kate Kelly, Eliza Denious and Margaret Savage had three goals each.
- Kate McAloon and Hannah Hirschfeld had two each while Sophia Lubrano added a goal and three assists.
- Morgan Pinado and Miller had four draws each for Bowdoin while Allison Williams had a pair of ground balls.
- Kayli Weiss made 16 saves in the victory.
- Bowdoin returns home on Sunday for a non-conference home game against Plymouth State at 1:00 p.m.