BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team celebrated Senior Day at Ryan Field with an authoritative 23-14 victory over Colorado College on Saturday.
In the win, Bowdoin senior Kelsey Gallagher racked up ten points - the second most in a single game in school history - to lead the Polar Bears (10-4) to the ten-win plateau for the seventh time in the last nine seasons. Colorado College falls to 12-4 overall with the loss.
- The game was tight in the early going, with the teams trading goals for the first 17 minutes of the contest.
- Gallagher had three early goals for Bowdoin while Annie DeFrino and Nikki Blair had two tallies for the Tigers, who trimmed the Polar Bear lead to 7-6 with 13:02 remaining in the opening half.
- Bowdoin closed the half on a decisive 10-1 run over the final 11:23, however, putting the contest out of reach. Hannah Hirschfeld, Allison Williams, Kara Finnerty and Gallagher all had two goals in the run that pushed the contest into running time.
- Colorado College could get no closer than nine goals in the second half as Bowdoin cruised to the win.
By The Numbers
- Kelsey Gallagher's seven goals and three assists gave her ten points for the game, the second-most by a Bowdoin player in a game in program history and the most since Jill (Bermingham) Isenhart scored a school-record 11 in April of 1986 against Colby.
- Kara Finnerty had three goals and two assists while Hannah Hirschfeld scored four. Allison Williams pitched in three goals and an assist for the Polar Bears.
- Colorado College was led by a trio of players with three goals, including Annie DeFrino, Nikki Blair and Ellie Meyer.
- Kayli Weiss made eight saves (7 GA) in the first half before giving way to Erin Morrissey, who stopped six shots (7 GA) in goal for Bowdoin.
- The Tigers were led by five saves from Zoe Frolik, who played 54:19. Remy Wells did not make a save in 5:41 of action.
- Bowdoin's 23 goals were the most for the team in a game this year and two shy of the school record of 25 set against Mount Holyoke in 1986.
- Bowdoin will close out their regular season on Wednesday evening at Tufts at 7:00 p.m.
- Colorado College travels to Rock Island, Ill., next weekend to battle Augustana at 11:00 a.m.