BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team scored the first ten goals of the game en route to a 14-5 non-conference win over Endicott at Ryan Field on Wednesday night.
Fighting bitterly cold conditions and gale-force winds, the 15th-ranked Polar Bears improve to 4-1 while the Gulls fall to 3-3.
- Bowdoin hit the throttle and didn't let up in the first half, pushing the game to the ten-goal mark with 7:30 left in the opening half.
- The Polar Bears got three goals in the run from Allison Williams while Hannah Hirschfeld and Kelsey Gallagher each scored twice.
- Meghan Dutchyshyn stopped the bleeding for Endicott, getting the goals on the board at 4:09 before Jennifer Lacroix made it 10-2 at the 2:10 mark.
- Bowdoin's Kara Finnerty scored her second goal of the opening half to make it 11-2 at the break.
- The Polar Bears put the game into running time early in the second half, pushing the lead to as many as a 11 before Endicott scored the final two goals of the game to trim the final margin to nine.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin out-shot Endicott 28-10 for the game and forced the Gulls into 22 turnovers.
- Williams and Hirschfeld finished with three goals each for Bowdoin while Finnerty and Gallagher had two goals and an assist apiece.
- Endicott was led by three goals and an assist from Meghan Lennon.
- Defensively, Maura Grady (five saves) played the first half in goal for Endicott before giving way to Bella Rino (six saves) in the second period. Ali Campbell had a team-best four ground balls.
- Bowdoin's Kayli Weiss made two saves in the opening half of play before Erin Morrissey (two saves) entered for the second half. Gallagher had a team-high four ground balls while Grace DeWald had three.
- Anisa LaRochelle had two caused turnovers for Bowdoin while Finnerty led all players with four draw controls.
- Bowdoin has a quick turnaround and will host NESCAC foe Williams at Ryan Field on Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Endicott returns to action at home on Saturday against Roger Williams at noon.