BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team celebrated Senior Day in a big way with a 16-3 win over Wheaton on Ryan Field on Saturday afternoon.
The win improves the Polar Bears to 7-7 this season while the Lyons fall to 8-8.
- Bowdoin wasted little time putting the game out of reach, scoring the first five goals of the contest and holding a 12-1 lead at halftime
- The Polar Bears got goals from five different players in the game-opening run and Lindsay Picard scored three times in a 7-0 run to end the period
- Bowdoin coasted to victory in the second half, with Annie Glenn scoring two of the team's four goals in the frame
By The Numbers
- Seniors Lindsay Picard (four goals, two assists), Megan O'Connor (four goals) and Emma Beecher (two goals, one assist) led the scoring for the Polar Bears on Senior Day while classmate Sophie Janes had three caused turnovers and three ground balls
- Hannah Hirschfeld also scored three times for Bowdoin
- Wheaton was led by a pair of goals from Ava Myette in the loss
- Kaylie Weiss (one save) and Erin Morrissey (two saves) each played a half in goal for the Polar Bears
- Molly Witten (six saves) played 53:18 for Wheaton before giving way to Galicia Rothe (one save) over the remainder
- Bowdoin concludes its regular season with a must-win home game against Tufts on Wednesday evening at 7:30. The Polar Bears have to beat Tufts and hope for a Williams loss to Middlebury to clinch a spot in the NESCAC Tournament
- Wheaton finishes its regular season on Wednesday afternoon at home against Wellesley at 4:00 p.m.