BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Endicott women's hockey team pinned an overtime loss on Bowdoin in a 3-2 final at Watson Arena on Friday night.
The Polar Bears are still winless on the year and fall to 0-5-0. The Gulls climb to 4-2-2.
- Seven minutes into the game Lexi Klein took a feed directly in front of Kerri St. Denis and directed the puck on net. St. Denis denied the initial shot, but left the puck sitting inches from the goal line. A Bowdoin defender skated in to clean up the dangerous position.
- The Polar Bears broke their scoring draught midway through the frame. Izzi Stodard pulled the puck off the left boards, fighting an Endicott defender for possession, and found Tala Glass above the left faceoff circle. Glass fired a shot on net, with a screen from Angelina Joyce, and the puck found the back of the cage.
- Endicott came out and scored 46 seconds into the second period, tying the game. With both teams taking the ice with a player in the box, Lauren Ferraioulo slid a pass from the right point to Nicole Demers at center. Demers lined up a shot that snuck through the pads of St. Denis.
- The Gulls took the lead less than three minutes later on a power play goal. Jillian Gibbs moved the puck from left to right for Ferraioulo to take a shot. The puck found its way inside the far post.
- Bowdoin pulled even with a power play goal nine minute into the period off Joyce's first collegiate goal. Glass took the puck on the right point and centered a pass to Nell Fusco. Fusco cycled the puck to Joyce on top of the left dot. Joyce wristed her shot past Vendela Jonsson to tie the score.
- Klein netted the game-winner 3:06 into overtime. Jillian Gibbs collected the puck heading into the Bowdoin zone and fed Klein behind the defense. Klein handled up to St. Denis and ultimately put the puck in the net.
By the Numbers
- The Polar Bears went 1-for-5 on the power play. Endicott went 1-for-6.
- Bowdoin outshot the Gulls by a 31-19 margin. Both teams took three shots in overtime.
- St. Denis ended the day with 16 stops.
- Jonsson made 29 saves.
- The Polar Bears host Saint Anselm College at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Endicott plays at Wesleyan on Tuesday with a 7:00 p.m. start.