WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's ice hockey team surrendered a last minute goal to Williams and fell 4-3 on Saturday evening.
The Polar Bears fall to 6-2-1 (1-2-1 NESCAC) following the series sweep by the Ephs (7-3-2, 2-2-2 NESCAC.)
- Neither team could find the back of the net in the first period, but Maryanne Iodice put Bowdoin up 1-0, 9:05 into the second. The senior defender pulled the puck off the boards in front of her own bench and took it herself down the slot and to net.
- Nell Fusco added a second for the Polar Bears five minutes later. Julie Dachille cycled the puck up to Jill Rathke and over to Fusco at the top of the right circle for a one-timer.
- Williams got one back at 16:54 on a four-on-three. The puck cycled through the center and over to Brynn Puppe on the edge of the left circle. Puppe slid her shot past Sophia Lattanzio, cutting the lead in half.
- Abby Brustad tallied an equalizer for the Ephs 5:21 into the third. The hosts took their first lead of the game three minutes later on a power play tally from Puppe.
- Tala Glass set up the tying score for Bowdoin at the ten minute mark, capitalizing on a power play opportunity and wristing a shot from the inside edge of the right circle. Maureen Greason deflected the puck as it passed to even the game 3-3.
- Williams scored the game-winner in the final 46 seconds to ice the Polar Bears.
By the Numbers
- Lattanzio made 33 stops for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin was 0-for-9 on the power play.
- Williams went 2-for-10 with the extra skater.
- Bowdoin returns to Watson Arena to host Amherst in a conference series next weekend, beginning on Friday at 7:00 p.m.