BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's hockey team picked up its first shutout of the season in a 3-0 win over visiting University of Southern Maine.
The Polar Bears extend their unbeaten streak and improve to 4-0-1. The Huskies fall to 3-7-0.
- Bowdoin opened the scoring with a tally 6:40 into the game. With the puck in the crease and Britney Evangelista unable to cover it, Tala Glass poked home the first goal.
- Late in the second period Jill Rathke intercepted a breakout pass by the Huskies in neutral territory and found Marissa Fichter. Fichter handled through the defense and crossed into the USM zone, skating to the low side of the right faceoff circle. Fichter wristed an uncontested shot nearside top shelf.
- With one minute remaining in the period, Jess Cloutier pulled the puck off the left boards and skated center. The sophomore directed a shot towards the far post and put Bowdoin up 3-0.
By the Numbers
- Evangelista made 41 saves in 60 minutes of action for the Huskies.
- Sophia Lattanzio stopped six shots for the Polar Bears.
- Southern Maine was 0-for-2 on the power play.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-4 with the extra skater.
- Bowdoin hosts Johnson & Wales on Saturday afternoon, beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- The Huskies host Johnson & Wales on Friday at 4:00 p.m.