Oct 01, 2017
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - The Bowdoin College women's golf team finished seventh of 12 teams at the George Phinney Invitational last weekend, hosted at Ralph Myhre Golf Course on the campus of Middlebury College.
- The Polar Bears shot a consistent 357-359 over the two days to end at 716, firmly in seventh place - 17 strokes behind sixth-place Mount Holyoke and 65 strokes ahead of eighth-place Bates.
- Caroline Farber was Bowdoin's top finisher, scoring a 173 (89-84), improving five strokes on day two to improve to 26th place individually.
- Emme McCabe, who led Bowdoin with an 86 on Saturday, finished in 39th (179), just behind Diya Chopra (176), who ended in a tie for 35th.
- Haley Friesch (188) and Lindsey Bindra (268) rounded out the Bowdoin competitors.
- Bowdoin will return to the course next weekend at Williams College's Taconic Golf Course for the season-ending NESCAC Championship