BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's basketball team never trailed in a 73-47 Senior Day victory over Williams on Saturday in Morrell Gymnasium.
The third-ranked Polar Bears were never challenged, improving 21-1 (7-1 NESCAC) while the Ephs fall to 11-11 (3-5 NESCAC). With the win, Bowdoin clinched a home NESCAC Quarterfinal game for Saturday, February 17.
- Bowdoin scored the first six points of the game and opened up an 11-1 lead thanks to five early points from Lauren Petit.
- The Polar Bears held a 17-3 lead after the first quarter and extended their lead to 21 points at halftime, 35-14, thanks to a 7-0 run to cap the second quarter, sparked by another Petit trifecta.
- Bowdoin out-rebounded Williams 22-11 in the first half and held the Ephs to 26% shooting while forcing 13 turnovers.
- The Polar Bears continued to roll in the second half, as they opened the third quarter with a 9-2 run.
- The lead never went below 20 points for the remainder of the contest, extending it to as many as 33 in the fourth quarter.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin finished at 54% shooting for the game, including 7-14 from three-point range.
- Williams connected on just 33% of their shots for the contest and Bowdoin ended with a 40-23 advantage in rebounding, cashing in for 17 second-chance points.
- Thirteen different Bowdoin players scored, led by 14 from Lauren Petit, who also had four rebounds.
- Maddie Hasson had 12 off the bench for Bowdoin while Kate Kerrigan had six points and seven rebounds.
- Gabby Martin had 12 points while Maggie Meehan had 11 off the bench for Williams.
- Bowdoin heads to Connecticut to close out the regular season next weekend at Conn. College on Friday (7:00 p.m.) and at Wesleyan on Saturday (3:00 p.m.)
- Williams will host Amherst at 7:00 p.m. on Friday night in their next contest.