WATERVILLE, Maine -- Abby Kelly scored all 17 of her points in the opening half to help the third-ranked Bowdoin women's basketball team to an easy 74-33 victory over Colby on Saturday afternoon in Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears remain unbeaten at 17-0 overall and 4-0 in the league, while the Mules drop to 7-8 overall and 1-3 in the conference.
- After Colby opened the scoring, Bowdoin answered with an 11-1 run to take the lead for good, capping the surge on a Hannah Graham layup midway through the opening quarter.
- The Polar Bears led 17-7 after the first period and Abby Kelly caught fire in the second quarter, outscoring Colby by herself (10-6) as Bowdoin extended its lead to 34-13 at intermission.
- Bowdoin rolled up 22 points in the third quarter to put the game out of reach and the 41-point margin of victory equaled Bowdoin's largest lead of the game.
By The Numbers
- Abby Kelly was 6-for-11 from the field, 4-of-5 from three-point range, had a team-high six rebounds, and dished two assists.
- Bowdoin's Kate Kerrigan had 13 points on 5-for-8 shooting, five rebounds, four assists, and three steals. Taylor Choate added 12 points, four assists, and three steals. Sam Roy added seven points.
- The Polar Bears had a 41-7 advantage in bench scoring, held Colby to 25% shooting from the field and scored 36 points off 27 Mule turnovers.
- Bowdoin returns to Morrell Gymnasium Sunday for a 1:00 p.m. game against Maine-Presque Isle