HARTFORD, Conn. - The Bowdoin College women's basketball team continued to steamroll, dismissing Trinity on Friday evening in a 76-46 road victory thanks in great part to 25 points from Abby Kelly.
The Polar Bears improve to 15-0 and match the second-best start to a season in program history, equaling the 15-0 starts by the 2006-07 and 2001-02 Bowdoin teams. Trinity falls to 10-5 with the loss.
- Bowdoin never trailed after the opening moments, taking a 15-5 lead after just six minutes.
- The Polar Bears took a 19-11 lead into the second quarter and outscored the Bantams 18-4 over the first eight minutes of the period, leading by as many as 22 points.
- Trinity was able to trim the lead to 37-19 at halftime.
- Bowdoin led 55-36 after three quarters and put an exclamation mark on the contest in the fourth quarter, outscoring Trinity 21-10.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin shot 47% from the field in the win and forced 28 Trinity turnovers, converting them into 32 points off turnovers.
- Abby Kelly's 25-point effort was second only to her career-best 27-point outburst earlier this season against St. Thomas. She also added five rebounds and two steals in the win.
- Kate Kerrigan scored 16 pooints, had five rebounds, five steals, four assists and a block in the triumph. Lauren Petit added ten points for Bowdoin.
- Trinity was led by 18 points from Courtney Erickson.
- Bowdoin returns to action on Tuesday evening at home against Husson at 7:00 p.m.