WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin softball team reached the 20-win plateau for the 11th consecutive season following a series sweep of Colby.
The Polar Bears (21-6, 5-1 NESCAC) won a tight 2-1 contest in game one and shut out Colby (7-15, 0-6 NESCAC) 3-0 in game two.
Game One Highlights
- Marisa O'Toole put Bowdoin on the board in the top of the fourth, driving in Emily Griffin with an RBI single.
- The Mules responded in the bottom half of the inning to even the game at 1-1 following stolen base attempt at second.
- O'Toole scored the game-winning run in the top of the eighth off a solo homerun for the 2-1 win.
- Griffin pitched all eight innings and allowed four hits with five strikeouts and a walk. Wiley Holton allowed seven hits in a complete game for Colby.
- Lauren O'Shea recorded a double and Griffin had a triple. Allison Rutz went 3-for-3 at the plate.
Game Two Highlights
- Caroline Rice drove in all three runs for Bowdoin in game two, falling a homerun shy of hitting for the cycle.
- Rice singled in the first, tripled in the third, and doubled in the fifth for her three RBIs. The sophomore went 4-for-4 at the plate.
- Katie Hoadley pitched a seven inning shutout. Hoadley tallied six strikeouts with a pair of walks while allowing four hits.
- Bowdoin plays a doubleheader at Saint Joseph's on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.