COLORADO SPRNGS, Colo. – The Bowdoin nordic ski team sent its largest contingent to the NCAA National Championship in Colorado last week.
All three Bowdoin racers are first-years. Three qualifiers in a single season is a program-best mark, with the team sending five individuals previously in program history.
- The classic race occurred on Thursday morning in classic Western ski day – blue skies, sunny and warm.
- Gabrielle Vandendries skied a great race to finish 28th and score points for the Polar Bears. Renae Anderson finished in 34th. Elliot Ketchel finished 39th.
- Altitude proved a factor for the Polar Bears, becoming the biggest hurdle for the East Coast skiers to overcome.
- Ketchel moved up a couple spots in the skate, finishing 37th.
- The women switched finishing order in the 15K freestyle as Anderson finished 28th and Vandendries turned in a 33rd place finish.