HUNTINGTON, Vt. - The Bowdoin College nordic ski team finished fourth at the St. Michael's Carnival this weekend, the best-ever finish for the program
The Polar Bears took 4th of 12 teams with 306.0 team points, trailing only Vermont (483), Dartmouth (437) and Middlebury (407).
- Elliot Ketchel had one of the finest weekends by a men's nordic skier in school history, taking an eighth-place finish in Sunday's 15K freestyle (39:15.3) - the best-ever finish for a Polar Bear first-year male in an EISA competition. He also recorded a ninth-place showing in Saturday's 10K classic in 25:08.91.
- The Bowdoin women were outstanding in Saturday's 5K classic as Lily Johnson led the way with an 11th-place finish (14:01.32), closely followed by Renae Anderson (14:04.71) in 13th and Gabrielle Vandendries in 14th (14:09.37).
- Anderson paced the Polar Bear women in the 10K freestyle race, earning 16th in 30:32.5.
- Christian Gostout also took a pair of top-20 showings, taking 17th in the classic event (25:40.63) and 14th in the freestyle (39:34.4).
- Bowdoin will return to action on the weekend of February 2-3 at the UVM Carnival