Jan 28, 2017
JACKSON, N.H. - The Bowdoin nordic ski team faced several of the top teams in the country at the UNH Carnival and came away with a 13th overall finish.
- The team from the University of Utah came east to preview this year's NCAA course, adding one of the top teams in the country to the field of competitors.
- Hannah Miller was the top Bowdoin finisher in both the classic and skate. Miller finished 12th in the classic and 15th in the skate, utilizing a strong downhill skillset on the technical and hilly course.
- All three scoring skiers on the men's side finished in the top 30, a first in program history. Mac Groves paced the Polar Bears with 22nd and 26th finishes in the classic and skate respectively.
- Sean Cork finished directly behind Groves in the classic and put together a 28th place finish in the skate. Orion Watson finished 27th in the classic and Sam Shaheen (30th in skate) scored their first career NCAA qualifying points.
- Bowdoin next travels to the UVM Carnival beginning on February 3.