GRAY, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's cross country team placed sixth while the men took seventh overall at the New England Small College Athletic Conference Championship hosted at Pineland Farms on Saturday.
The Polar Bear women totaled 188 points with the men carding 192. Williams (62) won the women's 6K race with Amherst taking the men's 8K competition.
Women's Meet Highlights
- Sarah Kelley was Bowdoin's top finisher in either race, taking 10th in 22:33.6.
- Caroline Shipley was close behind in 19th in 23:08.0
- Julia O'Rourke (39th, 23:38.8), Anne McKee (73rd, 24:33.30) and Martha Boben (75th, 24:36.8) rounded out the top-five Polar Bear runners.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Sean MacDonald paced the Bowdoin men by recording a 19th-place finish in 25:53.8
- Ben Torda was seconds behind him, taking 25th in 26:03.0
- Naphtali Moulton (47th, 26:31.1), Connor Rockett (50th, 26:32.8) and Andrew McGowan (52nd, 26:40.0) were the other top finishers for the Polar Bears.
- The Polar Bears will compete at the New England Division III Championship in two weeks hosted by the University of Southern Maine at Gorham Country Club