BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's and women's cross country teams swept the Bowdoin Invitational II with impressive showings on Saturday at the Pickard Cross Country course.
The Polar Bear men totaled 36 points to defeat next-closest competitor Southern Maine (57) in a seven-team field. The Bowdoin women claimed the win by posting 27 points, edging second-place St. Edwards (CA) (33), in an eight-team meet.
Women's Meet Highlights
- Sarah Kelley won her second meet of the fall, leading four Bowdoin finishers in the top six of Saturday's 6K race in a time of 22:42.0.
- Julia O'Rourke led a pack of Polar Bears in positions 4-6 with a time of 23:14.5, followed by Caroline Shipley (23:14.5) and Abigael Osmanski (23:17.3).
- Anne McKee rounded out the Bowdoin scorers with an 11th-place showing in 24:01.5.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Bowdoin's depth carried the day in the men's meet as the Polar Bears carded five of the top ten finishers, despite not having one of the top-three in the 8K competition.
- Andrew McGowan paced the Polar Bears in fourth place with a time of 26:37.4.
- Sean MacDonald (6th, 27:00.3) and Connor Rockett (7th, 27:00.6), Luca Ostertag-Hill (9th, 27:05.5) and Naphtali Moulton (10th, 27:05.6) finished in quick succession to close out the Bowdoin scorers for the event.
- The Polar Bears begin the championship portion of their season next weekend as they travel to Boston for the Open New England Championship at Franklin Park on Saturday.