BRUNSWICK, Maine - Four members of the Bowdoin outdoor track & field teams have qualified for the NCAA Division III Championship this weekend in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
Senior John Pietro (shot put, hammer), junior Joseph Staudt (110M hurdles), junior Sara Ory (400M hurdles) and sophomore Caroline Shipley (1500M) have all earned trips to the championship which will commence on Thursday, May 24.
- NCAA Division III Championship Home Page
- Accepted Entries/Qualifiers
- Meet Schedule [pdf]
- Live Video
- Live Results
- John Pietro qualified in both the shot put and hammer throw for NCAA's. He is currently seeded 11th nationally in the shot put with a season-best throw of 16.44m set at MIT on May 17. He is ranked 16th in the hammer throw with a distance of 56.46m set at the same MIT meet last Thursday. The shot put is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. (CT) on Friday with the hammer to begin at 11:00 a.m. (CT) on Saturday.
- Sara Ory is ranked seventh entering the national championship meet in the 400M hurdles after posting a time of 1:01.18 on May 11th at the Open New England Championships. The 400M hurdle preliminaries will be on Thursday at 3:15 p.m. (CT) with the finals scheduled for Saturday at 2:25 p.m. (CT).
- Joseph Staudt made the cut for the 110M hurdles with a time of 14.55 seconds at the MIT meet on May 17. He is seeded 20th in the nation and will race in the preliminaries on 3:10 p.m. (CT) on Friday. The championship race is slated for 12:50 p.m. (CT) on Saturday.
- Caroline Shipley earned her trip to NCAA's in the 1500M thanks to a time of 4:33.69 at MIT on May 17. She enters nationals with the 20th best time in Division III and will compete in the finals on Saturday at 12:35 p.m. (CT).