Mar 18, 2017
CHARLESTON, S.C. - Paced by a pair of first-place finishes, the Bowdoin College outdoor track & field team made its debut at a non-scoring meet hosted by Charleston Southern last weekend.
- Caroline Corban won the women's 5000 meters in a time of 17:57.94, claiming the victory by nearly ten seconds over her closest competitor.
- Brian Greenberg, fresh off an All-American performance at indoor nationals, took first place in the men's triple jump with a distance of 14.30m
- Julia O'Rourke (women's 5000m, 18:26.76) and Sarah Kinney (3000m steeplechase, 11:54.74) each claimed third-place finishes for the Bowdoin women while Ellen Masalsky set a new PR in taking fourth place in the javelin (41.50m).
- On the men's side, Conor Donahue (800m, 1:58.26) and Calvin Park (5000m, 15:11.04) took fourth-place showings in their events while the men's 4x400 team of Colin Tiernan, Donahue, John Kennealy and Liam Nicoll took fifth place (3:23.75).
- The Bowdoin outdoor track teams will return to action on Saturday, April 8, with a home meet at Magee Samuelson track.