CLAREMONT, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team got its spring campaign off to a rousing start with a 9-0 shutout of Trinity on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (1-0) are ranked fourth in the latest ITA Division III poll.
- Bowdoin took a 3-0 lead in doubles play but the number one duo of Grant Urken and Luke Tercek were tested before coming away with a 9-7 triumph.
- Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang (8-1) and Gil Roddy/Justin Patel (8-0) cruised at the other two positions for Bowdoin.
- In singles play, the Polar Bears won 12 of 13 sets to close out the win. Urken, Tercek, Wolfe, Roddy and Patel all earned straight-set wins.
- Jerry Jiang capped the day with a three-set 6-3, 4-6, 10-8 win at #4 singles.
- Bowdoin opens play at the Stag-Hen Invitational on Monday against Case Western Reserve at The Claremont Club