REDLANDS, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team swept singles play to dispatch eighth-ranked Redlands 8-1 on Tuesday afternoon in California.
The third-ranked Polar Bears improve to 7-1 with the win. Redlands drops to 9-3 with the loss.
- Bowdoin picked up wins in two doubles matches, getting hard-fought wins from Luke Tercek/Grant Urken (8-6) and Justin Patel/Gil Roddy (8-6) as the Polar Bears carried a 2-1 edge into singles play.
- The Polar Bears battled hard to pick up the win from there, keyed by four three-set wins.
- Kyle Wolfe easily picked up a victory (6-1, 6-1) at #3 singles while Luke Carstens earned a straight-set (6-4, 7-5) win at #6.
- Bowdoin went the distance in their other four wins to finish off their hosts, as Tercek, Urken, Jerry Jiang and Roddy took three-set triumphs to make it an 8-1 final score.
- Bowdoin closes out its California trip on Thursday when they play Wisconsin-Whitewater at noon (EST).