BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team lost to Williams 7-2 on Saturday afternoon in battle of nationally-ranked squads.
The fifth-ranked Ephs improve to 13-5 (6-2 NESCAC) while the 12th-ranked Polar Bears fall to 9-8 (4-4 NESCAC). Bowdoin will close out its regular season on Sunday against Stevens at 11:00 a.m.
Williams completed a sweep of doubles play thanks to a hard-fought 9-7 win at #1 doubles by Matt Micheli and Conrad Harron over Sam King and Luke Trinka. The Polar Bears almost mounted a rally in singles play as King claimed a win at #3 singles and Chris Lord rallied for a three-set victory at #4. The Polar Bears lost a trio of three-set decisions, however, at #1, #2 and #5 as the Ephs walked away with the win.
Williams 7, Bowdoin 2
1) Matt Micheli/Conrad Harron (Williams) def. Sam King/Luke Trinka (Bowdoin) 9-7
2) Jose Raventos/Rohan Shastri (Williams) def. Kyle Wolstencroft/Noah Bragg (Bowdoin) 8-2
3) Brian Astrachan/Alexander Schidlovsky (Williams) def. Chris Lord/Chase Savage (Bowdoin) 8-2
1) Micheli (Williams) def. Bragg (Bowdoin) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
2) Harron (Williams) def. Trinka (Bowdoin) 6-2, 2-6, 6-3
3) King (Bowdoin) def. Shastri (Williams) 6-1, 6-4
4) Lord (Bowdoin) def. Schidlovsky (Williams) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
5) Howard Weiss (Williams) def. Wolstencroft (Bowdoin) 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
6) Raventos (Williams) def. Hugh Mo (Bowdoin) 6-2, 6-0