CLAREMONT, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team succumbed to Carnegie Mellon, 6-3, Tuesday afternoon in California.
The 19th-ranked Tartans improve to 8-3 after upsetting the 11th-ranked Polar Bears, dropping Bowdoin to 1-1 this spring.
Luke Trinka contributed to two of Bowdoin's team points, earning a doubles win with Chase Savage at #2 doubles and the winning his singles match at #2. Chris Lord accounted for the other Polar Bear point, collecting a straight-set win at #3 singles.
Carnegie Mellon 6, Bowdoin 3
1. Abhishek Alla (CMUM) def. Noah Bragg (BOWDOIN) 6-0, 6-2
2. Luke Trinka (BOWDOIN) def. C. Heaney-Secord (CMUM) 1-6, 7-6 (7-2), 10-5
3. Chris Lord (BOWDOIN) def. Will Duncan (CMUM) 7-5, 7-6 (8-6)
4. Kiril Kirkov (CMUM) def. Kyle Wolstenscroft (BOWDOIN) 6-3, 6-2
5. Kenny Zheng (CMUM) def. Chase Savage (BOWDOIN) 7-6 (8-6), 6-2
6. Kunal Wadwani (CMUM) def. Hugh Mo (BOWDOIN) 6-2, 6-2
1. Will Duncan/C. Heaney-Secord (CMUM) def. Samuel King/Kyle Wolstenscroft (BOWDOIN) 9-7
2. Chase Savage/Luke Trinka (BOWDOIN) def. Bryce Beisswanger/Yuvraj Kumar (CMUM) 8-4
3. Paul Okuda/Kiril Kirkov (CMUM) def. Noah Bragg/Chris Lord (BOWDOIN) 8-5