POMONA, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team cruised to a 7-2 victory over Skidmore in its spring season debut Sunday evening in California. The Polar Bears (1-0) are ranked 11th in the latest ITA Division III poll.
Bowdoin jumped ahead thanks to doubles wins from Sam King/Kyle Wolstencroft and Luke Trinka/Chase Savage at the top two positions. The Polar Bear claimed the first three singles matches to seal the win. Noah Bragg (#1), Trinka (#2), Chris Lord (#4), Wolstencroft (#5) and Savage (#6) each earned victories in singles action.
The Polar Bears will play Carnegie Mellon on Monday in California.
Bowdoin 7, Skidmore 2
1. Sam King/Kyle Wolstencroft (Bowdoin) def. Oliver Loutsenko/Danny Knight (Skidmore) 9-7
2. Luke Trinka/Chase Savage (Bowdoin) def. Jimmy Sherpa/Nick Tong (Skidmore) 8-2
3. Miles Ransom/Gabe Steerman (Skidmore) def. Noah Bragg/Chris Lord (Bowdoin) 8-6
1. Noah Bragg (Bowdoin) def. Jimmy Sherpa (Skidmore) 6-4, 5-7, 6-1
2. Luke Trinka (Bowdoin) def. Miles Ransom (Skidmore) 6-3, 7-6 (4)
3. Alec Hoblitzell (Skidmore) def. Sam King (Bowdoin) 2-6, 7-6 (1), 4-4 (Retire)
4. Chris Lord (Bowdoin) def. Danny Knight (Skidmore) 6-7, 6-3, 6-2
5. Kyle Wolstencroft (Bowdoin) def. Gabe Steerman (Skidmore) 7-5, 6-3
6. Chase Savage (Bowdoin) def. Jonah Epstein (Skidmore) 6-4, 6-4