BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin men's and women's swimming & diving teams both placed second in the Maine State Meet and set multiple school records during the two day event.
- First-year Mary Laurita broke the school record in the 50 fly, touching in 26.05, just .03 faster than Mariah Reading's '16 25.08. Laurita placed third in the 100 fly in 58.30. Classmate Ellie Wargo was also under a minute with a fifth place 59.27.
- Nadia Eguchi finished second in the 500 (5:13.40) and the 1650 (18:13.84) freestyle. First-year classmate Claire Wolff finished third in the 500 (5:16.43).
- Sophomore Marshall Lowery was second in the 200 IM (2:11.82), 200 backstroke (2:06.85), and 100 IM (1:00.95). Lowery also finished third in the 50 freestyle in 24.87, just ahead of teammates Sterling Dixon (24.95) and Linnea Patterson (25.33).
- Senior captain Mariah Rawding was runner-up in the 50 breaststroke with a 31.98.
- Dixon and Wolff were first and second in the 400 IM with times of 4:37.40 and 4:39.21. Eguchi was fourth (4:43.26). Dixon was runner-up in the 200 free in 1:57.03 and the 100 free in 53.54 while Patterson, (54.40), Laurita (54.56) and Rawding (54.84) were fourth through sixth.
- Wolff won the 200 breaststroke with a 2:28.41 and was second in the 100 in 1:09.67.
- The 400 freestyle relay team of Dixon, Rawding, Patterson, and Laurita finished second (3:37.41) in a tight 400 freestyle relay heat.
- Sophomore Thea Kelsey won the one meter (217.40) and three meter (243.35) diving events. She qualified for NCAA Regionals on three meter. Junior Becca Stern was second (210.10- one meter, 202.90- three meter) on both boards.
- On Saturday night junior Daniel Williams took down his own 1650 freestyle team record with a dominant performance. He touched in 15:58.16, well under the 16:12.44 school record he posted at NESCACs last February, and nearly a minute ahead of second place. Williams also won the 500 freestyle in 4:41.79.
- Karl Sarier won the 200 IM in 1:56.40. First-year Michael Tirone was third in 2:01.78. Tirone was also third (27.00) in the 50 breaststroke and runner-up (59.03) in the 100.
- Sophomore Drew Macdonald won the 200 fly with a 2:00.05.
- Bowdoin men finished second through fifth in the 50 butterfly. Julian Abaldo touched in 23.53. Logan House (23.93), Tirone (23.97), and Jacob Baltaytis (24.03) followed. Abaldo was also second in the 50 freestyle (21.96).
- In the 100 fly Bowdoin had another dominant showing as the men finished second through seventh. Tirone was second (52.96) followed by Baltaytis (53.05), Sarier (53.17), House (53.84), Abaldo (53.97), and Barry (54.54).
- First-year Geoff Chen finished second in the 100 free in 47.59. Abaldo was third (48.42). Sarier (53.62), Chen (53.82) and Tirone (54.09) were second, third, and fourth in the 100 IM.
- Eriq Byrne finished third in the one (160.45) and three (145.85) meter diving events.
- The 400 freestyle relay team of Sarier, Hutchinson, Abaldo, and Chen ended the weekend with an exciting victory, touching in 3:08.97 just four seconds shy of the school record.
- The Bowdoin team of Lowery, Tirone, Laurita, and Sarier finished second in the 400 mixed medley relay with a time of 3:41.72, just behind the team from Bates.
Bowdoin is off until 2018, returning to competitive action when the team hosts Bates in a dual meet on January 19.