Nov 18, 2017
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Bowdoin swimming and diving teams opened the 2017-18 season with a dual meet against WPI and MIT on Saturday afternoon.
- Marshall Lowery swept the backstroke events, capturing a 100 victory in 58.45 and 200 win in 2:09.19.
- First-year Nadia Eguchi opened her collegiate career with a win in the 1000 free (10:49.16) and second place finish in the 500 (5:18.04).
- Sterling Dixon added a victory in the 200 free (1:55.38) and teammate Linnea Patterson broke two minutes in the event for the first time in regular season competition.
- Diver Waverly Harden completed a full list on both boards, including a brand new dive to complete her six dive set.
- The women defeated WPI in every event except the 100 breaststroke.
- First-year Michael Tirone began his career by breaking a minute (59.96) in the 100 breaststroke.
- Geoff Chen placed second in the 200 IM (1:56.83) for the highest finish of any Bowdoin men's swimmer at the meet.
- Karl Sarier turned in a top three finish in the 200 free (1:45.53) and Daniel Williams did the same in the 1000 free (10:53.33)
- Bowdoin hosts the Maine State Meet on December 1-2 at Greason Pool.