AMHERST, Mass. - The Bowdoin College men's squash team took eighth place overall at the NESCAC Championship last weekend at Amherst College.
After an initial first-round win against Hamilton on Friday, the Polar Bears (4-13) dropped a 9-0 decision to Bates in the quarterfinal before also falling to Amherst (6-3) and Wesleyan (9-0) in the consolation bracket.
- Ben Bristol was the lone Polar Bear to steal a set against the Bobcats, dropping a 3-1 (11-4, 11-6, 9-11, 11-1) decision.
- The Polar Bears battled well in the lower half of the bracket against the Purple & White, picking up wins from George Cooley (3-0 at #6), Tyler Shonrock (3-2 at #7) and Drew Clark (3-0 at #8).
- Amherst was able to prevail in a trio of close 3-2 wins at positions 2, 3 and 4 to pull out the victory.
- Against Wesleyan, Bristol battled well in a 3-2 setback (11-1, 10-12, 11-5, 5-11, 11-7) while James Paolella and Ian Squiers both fell by 3-1 scores.
- Bowdoin will return to action with their final regular season match on Friday, February 10, at the Lubin Center against Colby (6:00 p.m.) in a match rescheduled from Jan. 24. The match will be webcast live on the Northeast Sports Network.