CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Bowdoin College men's squash team split a pair of matches on Friday at MIT.
The Polar Bears (3-7), ranked 25th in the latest College Squash Association rankings, fell to 22nd-ranked Dickinson 5-4 before bouncing back in an 8-1 win over 29th-ranked Connecticut College.
- In the loss to Dickinson, Bowdoin got 3-0 wins from Drew Clark and Arjun Dravid at the number eight and nine spots.
- James Paolella earned a 3-1 (12-10, 5-11, 11-7, 11-8) victory at number three while Ben Bristol claimed a hard-fought 3-2 (7-11, 11-7, 11-9, 4-11, 11-9) win at number four.
- Bowdoin earned a clean sweep against the Camels, dropping just three sets in nine matches.
- Ian Squiers, Paolella, Bristol, Sebastian Kim, George Cooley, Tyler Shonrock and Clark all captured shutout wins.
- Satya Butler won 3-2 (11-8, 11-4, 5-11, 6-11, 11-8) at the top spot while Dravid took a 3-1 (9-11, 11-6, 11-2, 15-13) at number nine.
- Bowdoin will return to action on Tuesday evening at home against Colby. The match is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. and will be the first-ever webcast of a squash match at Bowdoin, broadcast live on the Northeast Sports Network.