BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's lacrosse team never trailed, cruising to a 15-9 non-conference victory over Endicott on Saturday at Pickard Field.
The Polar Bears scored the game's first four goals and improved to 9-5 with their second-straight win. The Gulls drop to 7-7 with the loss.
- Bowdoin stormed to an 8-2 halftime lead and never looked back as Endicott never got closer than five goals in the second half.
- The Polar Bears rode a pair of Brett Kujala goals to take a quick 2-0 lead and doubled their advantage to 4-0 before a goal by Endicott's Luke Wallahan trimmed the lead to 4-1 after one quarter.
- After Wallahan made it 4-2 early in the second quarter, Bowdoin held the Gulls scoreless for the next 25:02 of game time, expanding their lead with a 5-0 run during that stretch.
- Matthew Crowell's unassisted goal keyed a 4-0 surge for the Polar Bears before halftime that gave the hosts an 8-2 edge at the break.
- Kujala's fourth goal of the game made it 9-2 early in the third quarter before Endicott ended their drought with a pair of goals just 11 seconds apart, cutting the Polar Bear lead to 9-4 with 4:20 left in the third frame.
- Bowdoin answered before the end of the period, however, as Tim Bulens scored an unassisted goal with 2:32 remaining.
- Alex Osgood and Sam Langdan's goals to open the fourth quarter raised Bowdoin's lead to eight goals, 12-4, with 10:01 remaining, putting the contest out of reach.
By The Numbers
- Brett Kujala scored four goals to lead all scorers on the day while Shawn Daly dished out three assists for the Polar Bears.
- Nick Conway and Tim Bulens had two goals and an assist apiece for Bowdoin.
- Endicott was led by three goals and an assist from Will Jennings while Luke Wallahan and Chris Reilly each scored twice.
- Peter Mumford stopped 11 shots for Bowdoin while Endicott's Grant Thompson made eight saves.
- Tommy Hughes led all face-off men on the afternoon, winning 22 of 29 for Endicott while Parker Sessions caused a game-high three turnovers for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin owned a 41-36 edge in shots and went 2-3 with the extra man.
- Bowdoin will host Tufts on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. with NESCAC quarterfinal hosting rights on the line.
- Endicott closes out their regular season at Gordon on Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.