DAVENPORT, Fla. - The Bowdoin College men's lacrosse team fell to fourth-ranked Ithaca College in a neutral-site match played in Florida on Wednesday afternoon, 17-7.
The 19th-ranked Polar Bears, who were playing their just their second game of the season and first since March 5, fall to 0-2 this season. The Bombers improve to 5-0 with the victory.
- Like in its season-opener at Amherst, the Polar Bears found themselves in an early hole and couldn't recover, trailing 7-1 after just one quarter of play.
- The Bombers built up a 13-1 edge at intermission before Bowdoin rallied to score six goals in the second half to cut the final margin to ten goals.
By The Numbers
- Peter Mumford was peppered in net and made 16 saves in the loss.
- Brett Kujala led Bowdoin with three goals while Daniel Buckman had two.
- Shawn Daly had a pair of assists for the Polar Bears while first-year Jake Crossman notched his first career goal.
- First-year Pat Broughton saw his first significant time on the face-off dot this spring and won the majority of the draws in the second half for the Polar Bears.
Complete game stats will be posted when available