WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin men's ice hockey team cruised to a 6-1 victory over Saint Anselm College in the opening game of the Bowdoin/Colby Faceoff on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (2-2-0) picked up their second win of the season and dropped the Hawks to 4-3-0.
- Pat Geary put the Polar Bears on the board 11:08 into the game, finishing off a feed from Sam Topham and Keenan Murray.
- Sebastian Foster started the three-goal second period with the eventual game-winner 3:07 into the frame. Camil Blanchet tallied his first assist of the season and added another on Michael Brown's goal at 11:30.
- Chris Wallace buried one of two power play goals for Bowdoin 5:25 into the second period.
- The Hawks cut into Bowdoin's lead with a man-up goal just 1:10 into the final frame.
- Thomas Dunleavy responded in the final four minutes of action with another power play goal for Bowdoin. Foster capped the game with an unassisted tally a minute later.
By the Numbers
- Foster paced the Polar Bears with a pair of goals. Cody Todesco and Blanchet each picked up two assists.
- Peter Cronin made 30 stops for his first win of the seasons, including 18 in the final period.
- Shane Joyce had 36 saves for Saint Anselm.
- The Polar Bears host UMass-Boston Sunday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.