BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team never trailed in a convincing 71-50 victory at Bates on Friday night in Alumni Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears improve to 9-2 (1-0 NESCAC) in their conference debut and complete the season sweep of the Bobcats (7-6, 0-1 NESCAC), following a 70-63 win over Bates on December 7.
- Jack Bors scored the first five points of the game, sparking a 9-1 run for the Polar Bears to open the contest.
- Five straight points from Zavier Rucker pushed the Bowdoin lead to double-digits and the Polar Bears continued to roll, hitting five three-pointers to take a 17-point edge at intermission, 38-21.
- The decision was never in doubt in the second half as Bowdoin extended their lead to as many as 26 points midway through the period en route to the win.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin finished at 45% shooting compared to just 25% for Bates.
- The Polar Bears dominated on the glass, holding a 49-29 edge in rebounding.
- Five players were in double digits for Bowdoin, led by 14 off the bench from David Reynolds and 12 from Jack Bors.
- Zavier Rucker (11), Hugh O'Neil (11) and Jack Simonds (10) also saw double figures while O'Neil added a team-best nine rebounds.
- James Mortimer led Bates with 14 points.
- Bowdoin returns to action on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. at Tufts.