PAXTON, Mass. - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team remained perfect with another impressive offensive performance, defeating Anna Maria College on Thursday evening, 101-69.
The Polar Bears, ranked 22nd in the latest D3hoops.com national poll, improve to 6-0 with the win. Anna Maria falls to 2-3 with the setback.
- Anna Maria stayed within striking distance in the first half, trailing by only two points, 27-25, with eight minutes left in the period.
- Bowdoin rolled off a 15-2 run, capped by a three-pointer from David Reynolds and four straight points from Zavier Rucker, to take a 42-27 lead.
- The Polar Bears carried a 45-35 lead into halftime.
- Bowdoin quickly put the game out of reach in the second half as Liam Farley caught fire, scoring eight straight points.
- The Polar Bears kept extending their lead, building it to as many as 33 points in the closing moments.
By The Numbers
- Liam Farley scored a career-high 23 points to pace the Polar Bears to the win.
- Zavier Rucker had 13 points and five assists while Jack Simonds added ten.
- David Reynolds (15) and Sam Grad (14) contributed to a 46-point bench performance for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin finished at 60% shooting for the game, including 16 three-pointers, to eclipse the 100-point mark for the second time this season.
- Bowdoin will head to Waterville on Saturday to play at Colby at 3:00 p.m.