WELLESLEY, Mass. – The Bowdoin field hockey team held off host Wellesley College, 3-2, in Wednesday night non-conference action.
The Polar Bears (4-2) scored two goals in the second half to break open the 1-1 tie. The Blue fall to 4-4 on the year.
- The Polar Bears opened the scoring at 17:37 as Tala Glass carried the ball into the circle, turned and snuck a low shot past Wellesley goalkeeper Janelle Sullivan to make the score 1-0.
- Wellesley managed just one shot in the first half, but converted on the individual effort from Carson Dennis 2:29 before the half. Dennis forced a turnover deep in Bowdoin's end, before putting in her second of the year to even the game.
- Just over five minutes into the second, Bowdoin broke the tie on a penalty stroke by Juliana Fiore.
- Bowdoin extended its lead a few minutes later as Emma Stevens snuck the ball past Sullivan following a low cross from Kara Finnerty.
- The Blue got one back on a penalty corner in the 56th minute. Hannah Maisano redirected a drive from Emmy Hamilton to draw within one.
By the Numbers
- Maddie Ferrucci made a save in her fourth win of the season.
- Sullivan made six stops for the Blue.
- Bowdoin plays at Southern Maine on Monday at 3:30 p.m.