BANGOR, Maine – Sam Huston hit a walk-off double in the bottom of the ninth to lift the Husson baseball team to a 6-5 win over Bowdoin on Wednesday evening.
The Polar Bears fall to 12-15 while the Eagles improve to 21-14.
- Husson took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the second inning off an RBI fielder's choice.
- Bowdoin responded in the top of the following inning as an Evann Dumont-LaPointe walk with the bases loaded brought in Eric Mah.
- The Polar Bears took a 3-1 lead in the top of the fourth. Mah drove in Jack Wilhoite with a ball to short. Brandon Lopez later tagged a double to left center that allowed Mah to score.
- The Eagles evened the game in the bottom of the inning. Husson's first tally came on a wild pitch and the second came from a base hit by Alex Chapman.
- Both teams scored in the sixth, extending the tie to 4-4. Chapman and Lopez each tagged an RBI single.
- Bowdoin took its final lead of the night in the top of the ninth. Again, Mah drove in a run as he singled to the pitcher and allowed Sean Mullaney to score.
- Husson ended the game with a walk-off double to center field off the bat of Sam Huston. Huston's shot drove in a pair of runners to conclude the game.
By the Numbers
- Lopez went 3-for-4 at the plate. Lopez and Mah both recorded two RBIs.
- Justin Schachter started the game for Bowdoin and pitched three innings, allowing a pair of hits and three strikeouts. The bullpen combined for seven strikeouts, bolstered by five from Seamus Keenan in 1.2 innings of work.
- Bowdoin hosts Colby on Friday afternoon in a 3:00 p.m. NESCAC matchup.