WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin baseball team cruised to an 11-1 victory on Monday afternoon at Thomas College.
The Polar Bears (14-10) outhit the Terriers (14-13) by an 11-6 margin en route to the team's second consecutive victory.
- Luke Cappellano drove in three runs in the top of the second off a double to right field. The Polar Bears added two more runs in the following inning off an error and wild pitch.
- Ben Suski homered to left center in the sixth inning to put two more runs on the board for Bowdoin.
- Thomas spoiled the shutout as Nik Beeson hit a sacrifice fly to left field that allowed Maz Salevsky to score from third.
- Suski tallied another RBI in the eighth inning, driving in Sean Mullaney, with a double to right. Joe Gentile added to the Polar Bears run tally with an RBI single to left that drove in Suski.
- Ejazz Jiu tagged a two-run single to center in the final inning, giving Bowdoin the 11-1 lead.
By the Numbers
- Richard Arms went eight innings on the mound for the Polar Bears to earn the win with one earned run and a pair of strikeouts. Arms allowed five hits.
- Ryan Dixon closed out the game for Bowdoin with an inning of work, giving up one hit.
- The Thomas pitching staff combined for 11 hits and 11 runs allowed. The Terriers walked five and struck out eight.
- Cappellano and Suski led the Polar Bears with three RBIs apiece. Chad Martin joined the pair in hitting a double in the game.
- Mullaney paced the Bowdoin base runners with a pair of stolen bases. Cappellano ended the day going 3-for-5 at the plate.
- Bowdoin hosts Husson University on Thursday at 4:00 p.m.